11 March 2016

february's five







five favorite frames from the month of february, idea totally stolen (with permission, natch) from my friend xanthe.

what I'm learning is that the frames I love most are not always my best photographs. they're the moments I love most, the ones I really want to remember. so I hover there, in that uncomfortable realization for a little while before I think, eff it. I'm sharing my true favorites.

february:

on a saturday afternoon with ava and the ukulele and the coat she won't take off.

on a monday morning because ezra loves gin rummy so much he somehow talked my dad into a few games before school.

on a thursday evening with the seagulls on sullivan island during a miraculous solo road trip to charleston, south carolina.

on a sunday evening with ava getting ready for her very first date.

on a saturday afternoon with ezra, who finally decided to get back on his bike and ride like the wind after something like a four year hiatus.

12 comments:

  1. beautiful five Andrea. what I love about your photos is that they tell stories, so they're so much more than just great photography. but then you have to go ahead and make it even better with beautifully tying just the right words in with them. we're lucky to have you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, laura! those are incredibly kind words, they mean so much to me! xx

      Delete
  2. First date! Love these life glimpses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the moments you've shared. Beautiful stories, intricate layers. {on a side note, we are in first date territory as well. i don't know how I feel about it yet}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, friend! ah, this first date business. it *is* tricky business. we'll have to trade stories when I see you in a couple of weeks! xo

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. I can live in these photos every day. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured the most important moments. In the most beautiful way in words & photos.

    ReplyDelete